Thursday 28 May 2020

More fools and easing......























More fools from the Fool gets Sick story for the tarot cards.....including on trolleys and queuing in the forest, and the wooden box theme....

An annoying day with broadband dropping in and out all day , but apart from that spent all day cutting, and a really interesting morning of programs on radio 4, including one on medieval marginalia and the imaginative crude and funny images therein and why they might have been created, as acts of turning the world upside down, coping with the tedium of scribes hand-copying manuscripts, cocking a snook at biblical authority
....lovely comments by cartoonist Martin Rowson about why we draw and doodle, presenting a world to ourselves that we might like to live in...
lots of useful stuff about order and disorder next to each other! ...'the process of finding meaning is edifying'...wish I could remember it all but people kept phoning me up ( also with useful info and stuff...) I must listen again....
and they mentioned blemmyae amazingly!! see above....definitely lets hear it for blemmyae...
lots about laughing skeletons too, I must do one in current circumstances, I do have a drawing to hand as it happens, with an egg timer - a good XR icon....used by Rowlandson in cartoons 250 years ago at least.....will photo tomorrow maybe...

I suppose we should be celebrating reductions in lock-down soon but I am going nowhere fast - can't trust this bumbling governments schemes that go off half cock with nothing properly prepared, to say nothing of DC fiasco; I welcome more freedom for the young and fit but personally I will feel less safe now than before - will happily stick to my routines.....
however maybe by the end of the month I should stop blogging daily - I will have done it for two solid months - I will still do it once or twice a week maybe when I have plenty to show and more stuff finished - such a pile of finishing printing and binding mounting up.....

No comments: