Thursday 23 April 2020

St George's Day

I suppose it is as much an art diary to report what has STOPPED me working today - opened a chest of drawers to find a summer cardigan and discovered moth carnage - necessitating a morning washing, sort and chucking out stuff - grim....
at least 3 layers of books had been blocking access to said drawers for some while - a salutary lesson: books will one day pull this house down...
I try to be very ecological hoarding clothes  for decades but nature too gets us in the end - red in grubs and dusty wings - poor clothes, whole arms munched off - unbelievable, Vilanelle no contest - tho have been getting fed up with that weekly carnage too

And another red letter day - another bookish term of course - St George this time to celebrate and you can see why people needed these events in medieval times, and now when every day seems very similar to the last...
in the absence still of my last two woodblocks, nearly finished - will post up tomorrow...
I shall post up a painting by my good friend and good artist Dagmara Rudkin which cheers me up and down my stairs every day: it is of St George, saving Princess Sabra from the dragon, and fishing her out of her bath...... I love it



No comments: