Monday 22 January 2007

Carolyn Trant & Parvenu Press

This is the new blogsite for my Artists Books - I am the Press and the Press, c'est moi.
It's a full time job, although I also manage to squeeze in teaching an evening class in printmaking at the Paddock Studios in Lewes and occasional Book Art classes at Brighton Independent Printmaking.

In due course I hope to show here images of books I am working on, past editions and details of those still available. Also details of my one-offs and installations and other artwork.
I work with books as an artist and there are often images from the books available for sale as limited edition prints.

Here are some of the places where I will be exhibiting my work in 2007:

'Covered' at the Works on Paper Fair, Burlington House ( Burlington Gdns entrance)
- part of the Royal Academy, Piccadilly, London 1-4th February

10th International Contemporary Artists Book Fair in the Parkinson Court, Parkinson Building, University of Leeds 9th - 10th March 11a.m. -6 p.m.

1st Bristol Contemporary Artists Book Fair at the Arnolfini - 20th-21st April

The PBFA second June Book Fair ( formerly held at the Commonwealth Institute ) at
Novotel London West, 1 Shortlands, Hammersmith, London
8th June 2pm - 7pm 9th June 10 am. - 4 pm
this coincides with annual Book fair at Olympia

New Installation - The Falcon Bride at the Star Gallery, Lewes, East Sussex
begins 8th September
watch this space for further details

Vis a Vis, Book Fair - Marseilles 13th October

Fine Press Book Association Artists Book Fair at Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
3-4th November

LAB 07 at the ICA November/December; date to be confirmed

I will be giving a talk about my work to the Designer Bookbinders at the very end of the year.

I hope to show my new book done in collaboration with the poet James Simpson, as part of the exhibition - Poets in the Landscape; the Romantic Spirit in British Art at Pallant House, Chichester March 31 - June 10
further details to be confirmed

It's a busy year, so it may take a couple of weeks for me to get the images on this site......
Meanwhile, you can read about my work in Illustration Magazine Spring 2006 issue 7.

No comments: