Wednesday 29 April 2020

More Rain and grey

Re- my man in a tree - I thought of making a little model of him with wire and papier mache - plenty of scope for bandages - to insert into a tiny little olive wood box I have , but then realised what the comforting protecting tree was becoming - I think its called a coffin... wooden boat is much the same sometimes....(back to the Viking ancestors)

(Watched the discussion with Iain Sinclair and Andrew Kotting this evening that Gareth Evans set up with the LRB bookshop, about Kotting's lovely film The Whalebone Box which I watched earlier in the week...really beautiful, his best yet....a good slow covid-time film)

plenty of my images coming through in all ways now.... a weeping world, or is it bleeding, with a wailing tree...





I made a new Ship of Fools image to suit the portrait card format, and then started developing ideas in both emblematic and naturalistic format as I did in the original larger Ship of Fools in both formats - beginning to see new connections and ways they could be grouped or make new sets and tell different stories.... the image above is my free interpretation from Brant's original book...see 20th April post...





I need to alternate drawing and cutting because cutting the tiny complicated ones sets off  tendonitis in my right arm from years of too much of it - I use a different set of muscles for these small ones than the larger ones... but when I get compulsive it is hard to stop....

No comments: