Thursday 14 May 2020

Kindness of Trees
















I am well into a new set of tree images now and just printing as I go and seeing what happens; if I start thinking too much the decision making process becomes counterproductive, although I did have a shuffle-around and think-ahead late afternoon before going back to a late spurt of printing ten of each - they'll get used for something - even if only for birthday cards....
here is a straw bear, a tree hermit of indeterminate sex and a benign tree guardian of some kind...
I am pleased with the way the straw bear's eyes can be read two ways with a slight change of focus..

the images have set off a new colour balance and they are also in a different style if they are going to be part of the previous set but I am not going to worry about it - yet

I didn't feel as angst-y as yesterday - it was a supermarket delivery day so always twitchy plus more online ordering and a dodgy internet connection to add to it - picking up 10 bars of 85% chocolate in a supermarket is one thing but ordering 2 weeks ahead with the choice of adding or subtracting up to the last minute is another, when they probably won't allow 10 or turn up anyway, leading to further future chocolate angst big-time...and no , I am not the size of a tank - chocolate is a basic survival mechanism, as taught by my otherwise frugal mother who maintained it is taken on all major journeys of exploration......
decisions decisions  take energy..... P very nobly donated a square from his stash to reduce stress levels.....

No comments: