Saturday 16 May 2020

Birds of Earth and Air






















These two probably work with the Ship of Fools set - part of the kindness of trees and other natural life; I am still in the forest but may move the next images gradually into a different one and continue using up the forest colours - it's even more important to be frugal now as haven't tried to order more printing ink recently....

I was listening to an interesting feature about Japanese music on radio 3 while printing and a phrase leapt out at me - a Japanese musician was saying  that Japanese art is based on a 'respect and fear of nature....' - sounded good, fear in a good way - I could understand what he meant, it fitted with my pack....

I am trying to tell myself that my steadier and not too frantic rhythm of working is respecting my physical body more too - I am not suffering too many repetitive strain problems yet despite daily non-stop tasks; it is so annoying when they actually make me stop  or work through the pain barrier so perhaps I am learning at last a better regime.... hope I don't speak too soon...

No comments: