Wednesday 6 May 2020

Black Holes

New ones suddenly being discovered and they are getting nearer.
I was reading about them today in the Independent online.....
is that where my digital images go ? I can't understand why images I posted days ago seem to have suddenly disappeared off my blog - what is it with me and technology - I am sure I didn't dream them but now there is a little no entry sign in their place....

Apologies for my allusions - red shoes?? - keeps us all on our toes.... my version of string theory, everything is connected to everything else. Thank goodness I saw the amazing Kiefer exhibition of the same name at White Cube Bermondsey at the beginning of the year before lock-down - mind blowing.
The architecture of the Whale is engrossing - but unfortunately won't fit on a playing card.....but I may now attempt to read Moby Dick after meaning to all these years...


















I think my body is telling me I have finished cutting for now...I have been sitting over a pile of woodcutting splinters like a demented hamster all day and finished the last ones for now....
I like showing them in threes because I can begin to see how they could fit together as a continuous story like those little landscape cards which can fit together however you arrange them...
and on the screen it doesn't notice that the last one uses the wood sideways with grain from side to side; it may not work but I have tried some funny new moves for the water and rain, neither naturalistic nor emblematic so probably between two stools ; Japanese woodcuts have it down to a fine art but the wood they use is harder fruitwood and more seasoned and crisper to cut than plywood....but its fun trying, and I like cutting with the side of the blade and I'll end up printing them a like a painter as I always do.....
hoover up the bits, I have started clearing the decks for printing, tomorrow is another day...

if anyone had told me earlier this year I would be spending hours some days washing groceries I'd have laughed bemusedly, no deliveries tomorrow mercifully.

No comments: