Wednesday 3 June 2020

Iced bun time again...




































I am in full flood again, in more ways than one, edition-ing new images for all three packs , these two new ones on the right to go with the Ship of Fools pack,
Fool nearly up to his neck in trouble;
 and hands raised - in supplication - around the globe at the injustices of this world
( if that all sounds familiar raise your hands and voices too).....

I was listening to the brilliant Jane Goodall on radio4 yesterday in The Life Scientific, such a gentle and modest person and so incisively clear and articulate as to the biological and social reasons for the covid pandemic and what we are doing to ourselves and the planet and in allowing such inequality in the world - then I heard she was speaking shortly to the World Health Association - I hope they listened....

I was laying out today's printing to dry carefully - seeing each wet print didn't touch the next - and suddenly realised that in my subconscious I was absent-mindedly addressing a silent dictate on social distancing....weird how quickly these things have become part of us and our vocabulary.....

a sad day as it was dull and rainy- excellent for the ground and the land, but sad for my extremely aged mother who had been planning a socially distanced lunch in her garden for her birthday; and sad for another member of my family's big wedding anniversary - surprise weekend abroad 'postponed', no meal out; and for me to hear that my oldest grandson is now apparently unrecognisable, having suddenly done the growth spurt and his new deep voice stabilised - when will I meet up with him again and witness this transformation in the flesh?

No comments: