Thursday 8 August 2019

Lewes ArtWave opens 17th August

See below previous post for the Egrets Way poster -
our Lewes Printmakers exhibition will be open for the first two weekends and bank holiday monday
and we will be selling our new Egrets Way calendar for 2020.

I will also be having my own Open Studio at the Con Club as usual, 11.00 am to 5.00 pm
for all three weekends including the bank holiday
17/18; 24/25/26; 31 August and 1st September 

showing my hand-made prints and Artist Books, woodcut playing cards and cartoneras, and work in progress on my paper toy theatres for an exhibition at the Scala Street pollocks Toy Museum in London opening on November 8th and running until December 7th.

Inspired by the wonderful Extinction rebellion posters around the town recently I have made some hand-coloured woodcut rebellious books of my own featuring vanishing British species
and i am currently finishing some street style cartonera versions printed on newspaper pages featuring protests and climate emergency news which make for some quite grim reading en masse.





On thursday 10th September I am in conversation with Mark Hewitt as part of Lewes Live Literature's Lives of the Artists series at All Saints


More news of where I will be giving talks about my Voyaging Out book shortly.

No comments: