Thursday 22 March 2007

Bristol and London Book Fairs

I'm afraid the Leeds Book Fair was a wash-out for me; I just about managed the first day but my tooth abscess knocked me out after that, so apologies to anyone I missed talking to there or to anyone who was expecting to meet up with me. Three courses of penicillin on, tooth isn't a lot better...
...so progress is slow on Hunting the Wren but I should get something to the exhibition in the bookshop at Pallant House by the end of next week.Some leather went on a book today in an experimental kind of way, and once I can handle it and measure it up for size I can start to make the boxes and slipcases - but I have to make sure they will fit; it is all a bit last minute - again - everything takes always much longer than you think.
I remember spending six days just tearing the paper to size for the pages; spent days printing the images for just a few copies....now I am sewing the books up , very peaceful.

Need a copy for the Bristol fair too, soon now
dates are sat and sun 21 and 22 April, 10-6
at the Arnolfini, 16, Narrow Quay Bristol www.ARNOLFINI.ORG.UK

I've a link too to the PBFA London Book Fair that co-incides with the big Book Fair at Olympia in June; Parvenu will be exhibiting in the Fine Press section at Novotel Hammersmith
click on the link and then on the Fine Press Book Fair heading for details
eventually there will be some images from the books on show too

http://www.pbfalondonbookfair.co.uk

No comments: